About El Paso Safe Roads
El Paso Safe Roads sponsors:
- Sun City Cab Company
- Smart Start Interlock
- Nighthawk Limo
What is El Paso Safe Roads?
- A multimedia campaign that recognizes December as National Impaired Driving Prevention Month and will serve to educate the public during the busy holiday season using television, web, mobile and social media on the effects and impacts of Drunk, Drugged and Distracted Driving.
- A Partnership between MADD , ABC-7, law enforcement agencies and local socially responsible businesses that care about their community.
Why El Paso Safe Roads?
- Because it is time to make El Paso Roads Safe for everyone.
- Our region has experienced alcohol related deaths and crashes in increasingly tragic numbers each year with no apparent end in sight.
- Innocent victims suffer from what is a completely preventable problem.
- Local law enforcement seems to be overwhelmed in their efforts at preventing these senseless acts.
- Educating the public and advocating for responsible drinking is the best way to combat this problem.
- Changing the culture that drinking and driving is not acceptable in our city will ultimately save lives.
Who Supports El Paso Safe Roads?
- KVIA-TV / ABC-7
- Sun City Cab
- El Paso Police Department
- El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
- El Paso District Attorney’s Office
- Fort Bliss
- DRUG & DWI Court Judge Anchondo
- Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC)
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Anthony Police Department
- Horizon Police Department
- Socorro Police Department
- Clint Police Department